Idaho Walk Bike Summit 2018
Boise, ID, May 16-18
Keep Moving On, Idaho!
Idaho communities frequently express a need for more collaboration to achieve our common goals of creating great places to live. We are stepping up to this challenge by hosting the 2nd Idaho Walk Bike Summit in Boise next May. The Summit will bring together advocates, health community leaders, city staff, planners, transportation departments, legislators, and other interested citizens in a collaborative effort to better implement non-motorized transportation facilities and policy in communities throughout the state of Idaho. Access for cyclists and pedestrians helps create healthy and vibrant communities, and it even helps their bottom lines because non-motorized transportation facilities provide tangible economic benefits.
The Idaho Walk Bike Summit will allow us to educate and inspire advocates from all over Idaho to better effect real change in their communities, whether they are urban or rural, by presenting information attendees can implement quickly and affordably in their towns. It will also present an opportunity to raise awareness about how we work for walking and biking statewide. The Summit will feature keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops, mobile (walk and bike) tours and assessment demonstrations, strategy sessions, and meet and greets, among others.
We will provide participants with:
- Message training and effective grassroots campaign tools.
- Education on how to get project(s) fully prepared to increase likelihood of grant funding.
- Assistance to rural communities to think about smart growth and active transportation as viable possibilities.
- Education on the Safe Routes to School program and how active kids play a huge role in a community’s health.
- Funding guidance for communities to complete their projects.
- The opportunity to form and strengthen partnerships throughout Idaho among advocates, citizens, transportation departments, and stakeholders to increase our interconnections.
- Identify and explore partnerships to strengthen and deliver our messages.
Be a part of the 2018 Idaho Walk Bike Summit!
Check out what happened in 2016 and save the date for 2018!
Thank you to our 2018 Idaho Walk Bike Summit sponsors!
Idaho Falls Community Pathways
And a big THANK YOU to our partners who make up our Planning Committee:
Boise State University
City of Boise
Federal Highway Administration
Idaho Smart Growth
Idaho Walk Bike Alliance
Treasure Valley Safe Routes to School