Idaho Walk Bike Alliance
Development & Communication Coordinator
Founded in 2009, Idaho Walk Bike Alliance (IWBA) is a non-profit 501C(3) organization whose mission is to make Idaho streets safe for anyone who chooses to use active transportation. We do this by the following:
- Partner with advocacy groups throughout Idaho, helping them to accomplish biking and walking projects in their communities.
- Work to secure equitable funds for all active transportation projects.
- Work to introduce and enact state policies that support non-motorized funding, and provide support and information to accomplish this goal.
- Partner with other non-profits in our work to broaden our reach and scope throughout Idaho.
- Lobby at the State Legislature during the session to ensure street safety and local control.
- Communicate funding opportunities, legislation action alerts, law revisions, and opportunities to our members so they can attain success.
We seek a full-time Development/Communication Coordinator to assist our Executive Director as we continue to grow our organization. IWBA’s goals are aggressive, and we need the right candidate to help us accomplish our mission. We need an articulate, strategically thinking, passionate, productive and tech-savvy person.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Executive Director (ED) and provides support in all required areas; primarily all facets of communication and developing membership.
- Salesforce, MS Office, WordPress, and social media experience not required but highly recommended.
- Handles member communication including letters, emails, phone calls and conference calls per ED’s direction.
- Constantly looks for better more efficient tools to contact members and increase communication with them.
- Updates social media and website consistently.
- Consistent media communication – Must be comfortable pushing stories to media to ensure coverage of our events and successes as well as always look for stories to send to media.
- Must be comfortable calling members and increasing membership to meet aggressive membership goals.
- Assists in setting up and documenting board meetings and provides appropriate feedback for next steps.
- Assists Board members when and where needed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reminding members their annual membership is due. This includes post card, email and phone call.
- Responsible for creating fundraising events and coordinating volunteers.
- Updates and maintains database.
- Possesses an Entrepreneurial Spirit – Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor and membership relationships as well as forge new ones.
- Collaborative – Effective at working with others to reach common goals. Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships across different levels of the organization and outside Idaho Walk Bike Alliance.
- Demonstrates a sense of humor when there’s too much to do!
- Bachelor’s degree highly recommended but not required.
- Well-organized, self-starter, strategic thinker who is detail-oriented yet works efficiently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in volunteer management and donor development highly desirable but not required.
- Chooses active transportation some or all of the time!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Position is available immediately.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a previous writing sample by March 4, 2016 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a writing sample, which could be part of a grant submission, a press release, or a published letter to the editor. Please indicate why you are interested in this position, your relevant experience, salary history and salary requirements. For more information, please visit www.idahowalkbike.org. No phone calls please.