Gordon W. Petrie
- Gordon Petrie is a retired trial judge and retired Idaho Army National Guard Colonel currently serving as mayor in Emmett, Idaho, since January 2015.
- Gordon graduated from Idaho State University in 1971, and spent two years on active duty with the US Army. Leaving the Army in 1973, he entered the University of Idaho School of Law, graduating with a Juris Doctor in 1976. Elected Nez Perce County Prosecutor (right out of law school) for 3 terms beginning in November 1976, he entered private practice in Lewiston in 1983. He became the first lawyer magistrate in Gem County in 1989, deployed to Iraq in 2004 (OIF III) upon his release from active duty, interim-governor Jim Risch appointed him a district judge in Canyon County in July 2006. He retired from the bench in 2009.
- Gordon has been married to the former Patrice Turner of Boise, Idaho, for 53 years as of January 25, 2022. They have 3 children and 7 grandchildren, four girls and three boys, with another boy on the way.
- Gordon also serves as the Judge Advocate for the Department of the State of Idaho Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States.
- He writes a monthly column for the local “Penny Saver” called the Gem County Gazette, focusing on governmental matters.