Idaho Walk Bike Alliance is hosting its first ever running/walking event in 2021. We want to bring this family friendly event to the beautiful Boise community to encourage people to get outside and walk or run. We will include a virtual element to allow participation from others wherever they are so all are welcome! We will offer a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and a kids’ 1.5K race. Boise runners will participate on Saturday, August 7. We will also offer a virtual category for anyone outside the Treasure Valley.
Registration fees will fund Idaho Walk Bike Alliance’s (IWBA) efforts going into the 2022 Legislative session to protect pedestrians and bicyclists through better road design policies and laws that protect your right to walk, roll and ride safely. Throughout the year IWBA travel statewide to towns and communities and help them host bike/walk audits, work with road agencies in finding safer solutions for kids to get to schools, and economic development opportunities such as the street shut down in Ketchum during COVID-19 that helped their businesses provide healthy spaces for customers. These efforts supplement IWBA’s work with legislators by providing them firsthand experiences from their constituents. When you register, you show your support in providing safe walking and biking routes for all Idahoans throughout the state.
Packet and Shirt pickup information:
- Packet and t-shirts will be available for pickup at the Idaho Walk Bike Alliance office between 8/5 – 8/6 from 12pm-5pm. We recommend picking up before Saturday.
- Day of registration and packet pickup will begin at 6:30AM on the day of the run.
- Virtual participants will receive their packet, t-shirt and medal after the race. All packages will be mailed out on Monday August 9th.
In Person Run/Walk Schedule
- Day of registration and check-in will open at 6:30AM at the Julia Davis Pavilion
- 1/2 Marathon participants will begin at 7:30, 10k will begin at 7:45, and the 5k and Kid’s Run will begin at 8:00AM.
Virtual Photo Competitions (Winners receive a $20 Visa Gift Card!)
- Farthest route from Boise
- Most scenic route (must include more than 1 scenic view)
- Best route along the water
- Participant with the most elevation gain
- Largest group of participants (group selfie required!)