Below are Talking Points For 2023 Legislation
HB87 Traffic Lanes, Congestion, Funding
- TECM projects are those where ITD is designing roads to function as regional facilities to move large numbers of vehicles relatively long distances. Local streets and non-motorized facilities, if they are built, can then be used for short trips so that local traffic will not add to the burden on the regional facility.
- Providing for non-motorized transportation modes helps to reduce congestion and improve safety on local, motorized routes.
- Designing a system where people are able to travel without a motor vehicle is a valuable move to mitigate congestion.
SB1081 Restricted Driver’s License
- The bill would increase safety on Idaho roads by ensuring that drivers are trained, tested, licensed, and insured.
- It would allow undocumented Idahoans the opportunity to drive without worrying about arrest, detention, or deportation.
- All Idahoans should have the right to drive without fear.